Friday, April 1, 2011

Elsa quetioned

Designer's house.

my 1st question: who is this designer? I always love thinking of design concepts as those are what that more excite me or in other words breathe life. Alot ran through my mind and in the end i just came up with 1 word.


Sensuality.


sensuality does not necessary mean sexuality. Its more than that, its the way the soul connects to anoter being. Its the empowerment of confidence. Its alluring, attractive, seducing. later i found out that sensuality of architecture has been explored mainly dealing with the sex of the architecture. Taj mahal could be feminie wheares the Empire State building is surely masculine.


Another word came across my mind then- androgynous. I wanna do a little bit of masculine with a feminine touch. Clean cross lines with soft , flowy texture. Complex. i wanted a little Agyness and Omahra in my design.

The way i wanted my design to be is to be able to connect the soft and hard sides of human beings and talk to them like a voice speaking to you silently as gentle breeze blows towards your cheeks.



Thus, i imagined the designer , someone dark, someone mysterious, trying to search for inspiration and he often hallucinates himself to search for inspiration. He sees his house as an emotional 'being' which lives together with him and projects the images of these girls .He sees glimpses of these girls once in a while at the patio, kitchen lingering around like a cheetah looking for her prey. He feels an emotional connection with his house as if his house is creating these hallucinations.



I then see the way the flow of the arrangement of the house as dark, traditional , very Cheong Fatt Tze. Its sensual, mysterious, predetorial. Theres a flow, ecoule. I even tried to hallucinate myself at time to catch the glimpses through the eyes of this designer and it was just new to me. I used music , dark, intrmental music to intrigue me and inspire me.


and in the end i came out with Elsa. Sensous , intriguing, with facades made as if they are fabric-like, flowy, responsive, emotional. with features that trace back to ancient Penang where the good days are.


it is new to me. this whole development of concept.


Now looking back, i questing myself, as much as i love this concept of mine, are they too over-developed? too much? or should i keep them Calvin Klein simple? i see glimpses of Elsa in my mind, standing there magnificently like the great japanese stork stretching her wings. Yet, i still question myself. too much Black Swan perhaps?


Are my concepts too hard to be understood for others aside from myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment